This course provides an overview of important recent changes to the area of Consumer Law which will have a significant impact on the relationship between Businesses and Consumers which came into force on 13th June 2014.
The key area for discussion will be the changes introduced by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013 which deal predominantly with the rules on distance selling and will particularly affect any Business operating a website.
On completion of this course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the key provisions of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013
- the key changes that they and their clients will need to make in the light of this
- the amended time periods for cancellation and refunds that now apply as well as the rules concerning pre-ticked boxes and use of premium rate telephone help lines
- the key provisions of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading (Amendment) Regulations 2013
- the enhanced rights available to consumers by way of unwinding, refund and compensation