In this course we describe the key functions of the different financial markets in the City of London and how various products are used in these markets to hedge risk.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the history of the City and why the City of London remains so important in world financial markets
- the purpose of the City and the Buy Side and the Sell Side in the City
- the major markets in the City
- the difference between a commercial bank and an investment bank
- the role of the Bank of England
- financial regulation and the role of the regulator
- money markets and the role of LIBOR
- what a foreign exchange quote is
- the concepts of bonds and fixed income
- what a share or stock is and the functions of the London Stock Exchange
- the activities of hedge funds and private equity
- the general terms of the three main types of derivatives.