This module covers the new construction industry scheme. It starts by looking at the rules set out to determine the parties to the scheme and how it should operate.
It then examines a number of the features of the HMRC construction industry scheme including the question of employment status which is crucial to determining who falls within the scheme, the deductions procedure, the verification process, registration and the monthly return procedure.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- who should be included within the new construction industry scheme operating procedures
- how the issue of employment status impacts on the operation of the scheme
- why the verification procedure is so important and how it operates
- how parties are registered for gross payment status and payment under deduction
- what the elements of the monthly CIS return procedures are
- the enforcement regime that exists to ensure proper operation of the scheme.