All organisations that handle personal information are required to comply with the Data Protection Act. A ‘subject access request’ allows a person to find out what information is held about them – electronically and in some paper records. Companies must adhere to strict regulations regarding privacy and disclosure. Yet as with many areas of the law, the regulations can be complex.
Data protection will enable you to understand issues such as choice, consent, transparency, security and the legislation. You will learn how to handle data correctly and how to respond to requests for information.
Data protection enables you to:
- understand their commercial and legal responsibilities
- handle data securely, competently and effectively
- respond correctly to requests, providing the appropriate information
- put in place, and adhere to, the required policies and procedures
- take the practical steps needed to ensure organisational compliance.
Course description provided by accountingcpd.net.
This course is compatible with iPad/iPhone browsers and android devices.
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: £75 (inc VAT)
ACCA members receive a discount on the course fee. Simply enter the promotional code when booking, which can be found after login.