Forensic accounting will seem familiar to finance professionals but it asks much more of an accountant than an ordinary job. The day-to-day work of a forensic accountant involves fraud investigations, damages assessments, valuations of businesses or curious entities and frequently involves legal proceedings. The role of a forensic accountant is incredibly varied and every day is different. It could involve spending a week as the expert witness in a matrimonial dispute involving millions of pounds of marital assets before spending the next valuing a football club.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the role of the forensic accountant
- how to identify misconduct including fraud and money laundering
- how to prevent fraud
- how to plan and conduct fraud investigations
- non-fraud work such as valuations and asset tracing
- the role of a forensic accountant as an expert witness.