Incidences of publically notified fraud offences continue to rise and some estimate that the value of fraud in this country may be worth over £50 billion per annum. Fraud is likely to accelerate as the recession bites and economic hardship brings out less favourable behaviours in some people impacting all industries and sectors.
This fraud course will define the key offences in relation to fraud and outline:
- the changes in legislation relating to fraud over recent years
- the current provisions within the legislation
- well known frauds or scams
- current developments in relation to fraud.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the key differences between the Theft Act and Fraud Act
- the relevant sections of the Fraud Act 2006
- which provisions of the Fraud Act cater for varying allegations
- the key types of fraud and scams that businesses face and their impact
- the key developments in the fraud arena.