Freedom of information training is essential for anyone working for a public authority or company wholly owned by a public authority. Individuals should know how and when they must respond when dealing with a request for information.
This freedom of information course provides an understanding of the legal responsibilities, the policies and procedures that need to be followed and how to put them into practice. It explains what is meant by access to information, what the law’s stance is and what needs to be done to comply. The freedom of information course also explains the decision making process, as well as the rules, how confidential information should be managed and what this means for your organisation.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the rights the public has to apply for information so that requests can be responded to appropriately and efficiently
- when and how requests need to be logged
- what action needs to be taken to promote good records and information management
- what policies need to be put in place, and why and how to implement them
- how to comply with the law, whilst continuing to provide services effectively to the public.