Problem solving in accounting is something that financial professionals deal with on a daily basis, solving at least one problem every working day of their lives. Few professionals stop to consider the methods that they use until faced with a potentially significant issue.
This course looks at how to identify and analyse a problem, to successfully establish the root cause and then use a variety of problem solving techniques to develop, assess and implement solutions. The course covers everything needed to understand problem solving in finance, from the collection of data to ensuring that the solution achieves the desired outcomes.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- The importance of correctly identifying and analysing problems
- the core skills used when problem solving and how to improve them
- how to widen your range of options by exploring analytical and creative processes
- how to maximise your chance of finding a solution by ensuring key stakeholders contribute
- researching and planning problem solving exercises effectively
- how to develop and implement solutions to minimise the risk of a problem recurring.