Develop professional relationships with your team and ensure they are well motivated by learning how to provide effective performance appraisals. For busy accounting and finance professionals, handling the performance of the people you manage is vital in order to achieve your objectives. This course enables you to learn how to write an appraisal, including what should - and shouldn’t - be included, as well as techniques for dealing with difficult situations in appraisal meetings.
On completion of this online course, you will gain understanding of:
- what an appraisal is for and why it is important
- how to prepare effectively for an appraisal
- how to plan and conduct constructive preliminary meetings and appraisals
- what should and shouldn’t be covered in an appraisal
- how to ensure your spoken and written comments are fair and effective
- how to correctly complete any forms related to the appraisal process
- techniques for handling any difficult situations that arise during meetings.