This presentation has been designed to update you on the new and revised IFRS standards, which were applicable in 2010 and beyond. In the years following the adoption of IFRS by EU listed entities in 2005, there were few changes to allow for a period of bedding down.
Now however, we are starting to see significant changes, including new standards and interpretations, stemming from the 2008 improvement project, which this module will look at.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- new standards and interpretations applicable for accounting periods commencing on, or after, 1 July 2009 (including the significant changes to IFRS 3 and IAS 27)
- the new standards and interpretations applicable from 1 January 2010
- a description of the significant project to replace IAS 39 with a new standard on financial instruments, IFRS 9
- some other new and revised standards, including minor amendments to IAS 32, IFRS 1
- the annual improvement projects and other on-going projects.