The course will look at the valuation of intangible assets - particularly brands - and how financial reporting is evolving to deal with such assets and the challenges that arise.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- The importance of brands in the valuation of companies
- the fundamentals of accounting for brands
- other intangible assets
- the broad approaches used in the valuation of brands
- implementation within the IFRS framework and issues arising
- the current stance and output of regulators and standard setters.