This session on IAS 7 statement of cash flows, deals with the fourth financial statement an entity is required to present. This is the only statement that is not covered in IAS 1.
Unlike many national accounting rules IAS 7 requires all entities to present a cash flow statement as an integral part of the financial statements (1). Given that the purpose of IFRS information is to enable users of financial statements to predict cash flows this course will take you through the contents of IAS 7 to help enable you to present cash flow statements.
By the end of this learning module you will be able to gain an understanding of:
- definition of cash and cash equivalents
- three main headings: operating, investing and financing
- direct or indirect method
- some netting allowed
- actual or average exchange rates
- interest and dividends can be classified in any way
Course description provided by BPP.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: £30 (exc VAT)