In order to understand IFRS, it’s important to have a grasp of statements of cash flows. This module allows you to learn about the differences between cash, cash equivalents and other assets, as well as how to report cash flows and prepare a cash flow statement.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- how to describe the objectives of IAS 7 and define some of its key terminology
- distinguishing between cash, cash equivalents and other assets and liabilities
- how to identify the main sections of a cash flow statement
- reporting cash flows from operating activities using the direct and indirect method
- how to prepare a cash flow statement
- how to interpret a cash flow statement and identify the advantages of cash flow accounting.