Social media is a powerful tool that allows businesses to support their professional activities. It can help build networks, enhance organisational processes and boost your personal career development.
The course considers how social media can help you achieve your own professional goals and explores some of the most common social media platforms. You will see how social media accounting practices have worked for other brands, as well as developing your own social media brand.
The course is part of Nelson Croom’s Issue and Debates suite of learning. Each module is split into two activities: understanding the issues and putting them into practice.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- how to define your own professional goals in using social hedia
- how to identify the most personally relevant social media platforms and tools
- the importance of social media etiquette and appropriate privacy settings
- using social media to stay up-to-date
- how to develop your personal social media brand
- building an online professional network
- how to monitor the effectiveness of your social media activity
- avoiding information overload
- integrating social media for business within your wider organisational practices.