It's a well-known story: in the 1920s, when Ford was flooding the market with the famous Model T, General Motors took the lead in a few years by offering a range of different models. A powerful factor in market domination, successful cost strategy nevertheless obeys certain rules. The timing of your arrival in the marketplace, how mature the market is, how you identify and prioritize areas of cost reduction, and how easy it is for your strategy to be imitated...all these factors determine the success (or failure) of a cost strategy. This session will give you a sound understanding of the issues involved.
What you will learn
- the strategic implications of cost strategies
- how to analyse business in order to implement an effective cost strategy
- what are the limitations of cost analysis, and what are its key success factors?
What you will get
- CrossKnowledge Session – 30 minute e-learning module covering key concepts, practices and managerial behaviours
- CrossKnowledge Essential – a written file for grasping the essentials of a technique or a management concept in just a few minutes.
Business unit or function managers eager to learn how to define and implement effective strategies.
Author: Jean-Pierre Détrie
Course description provided by CrossKnowledge.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: £40 (exc VAT)
You will be required to login to the BPP online centre using your membership number and password. Once logged in please select your course from the catalogue to book.