Unlike cost strategy, differentiation strategy is about standing out from the crowd by adding value to a product in the eyes of the consumer. How can we optimise the related factors of price and value? Should differentiation be created with respect to the whole market or just part of it? How can you differentiate successfully in order to create a long-lasting competitive edge? What are the pitfalls to avoid? This session answers all these questions, using a concrete example.
What you will learn
- differentiation strategies in a market or niche
- what is a specialization strategy?
- what is a limitation strategy?
- the three key success factors in a differentiation strategy.
A video featuring Kim Warren, a recognised expert in strategy at London Business School, explaining the importance of strategy implementation.
What you will get
- CrossKnowledge Session – 30 minute e-learning module covering key concepts, practices and managerial behaviours, including videocasts from the best professors, authors and professionals of management
- CrossKnowledge Essential – a written file for grasping the essentials of a technique or a management concept in just a few minutes.
Business unit or function managers eager to learn how to define and implement effective strategies.
Author: Jean-Pierre Détrie
Course description provided by CrossKnowledge.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Cost: £40 (exc VAT)
You will be required to login to the BPP online centre using your membership number and password. Once logged in please select your course from the catalogue to book.