Outsourcing can mean many things but the simplest explanation is that outsourcing is asking another company to do a job or perform a service that your company could do, but for some reason, chooses not to do. The main driver for outsourcing is normally cost; to decrease the cost of production of goods or decrease the cost of providing a service.
Outsourcing helps you to discover the real benefits and problems of outsourcing, and helps you decide if it will work for you.
This course is topical, practical and highly relevant to today’s changing market. Each module is split into two activities:
- understanding the issues - this encourages you to think about a topic, drawing on your own professional experience and knowledge.
- putting it into practice - this helps you to put ideas and/or theories into practice as part of your day-to-day work.
On completion of this online course, you will gain understanding of:
- what outsourcing is
- identify the problems outsourcing can cause
- consider the true benefits of outsourcing
- be aware of the ways in which they can monitor their outsourcing
- decide if outsourcing is right for them