This corporation tax course covers all the corporation tax basics. It begins by showing what types of company are liable to corporation tax and the question of when companies are resident in the UK. After looking at an online computation, the rules governing the beginning and end of a corporation tax accounting period are considered. Next, the rates of corporation tax are reviewed.
The effect of associated companies on the entitlement to the small profits rate is then considered. Finally the module shows how filing tax returns and payment of tax is governed by the rules of self assesment.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- what types of entity pay corporation tax
- the structure of an online tax computation
- when accounting periods begin and end
- the importance of total and augmented profits in relation to corporation tax rates
- the existing and new rules on associated companies
- the operation of corporation tax self assessment.