This corporation tax course looks at corporation tax capital allowance. It begins by reviewing the important distinction between buildings, plant fixed to buildings and other plant. It then covers the many recent changes in the rates of annual investment allowance, first year allowance and writing down allowance.
The new extended period for short life assets is dealt with, as is the effect of the recent changes to a CO2 emissions basis for capital allowances on cars. Finally the corporation tax course looks at the phasing out of industrial buildings and agricultural buildings allowance.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the distinction between plant and buildings
- the operation of the annual investment allowance
- the rules governing the first year allowance
- writing down allowance rates, and how they are changing
- how higher allowances can be claimed on short life assets
- the new rules on capital allowances on cars
- how industrial buildings allowances have been withdrawn.