Corporation tax loss relief is looked at in this online course and in particular the various claims a company can make to obtain relief for trading losses. Where losses are carried forward, the restrictions resulting from a change in ownership are covered. The loss relief available where a company is a member of a group is looked at next.
Corporation tax capital gains are then discussed covering indexation allowance and roll over relief on the replacement of business assets. Finally the way in which group membership can impact on capital gains is dealt with.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- how companies obtain corporation tax loss relief
- the effect of a change of ownership on the carry forward of losses when group relief can be claimed for losses
- the operation of corporation tax capital gains
- the relief from tax on capital gains where business assets are replaced
- how to obtain the benefit of the substantial shareholding exemption
- how membership of a group can affect corporation tax on chargeable gains.