This module covers the completion of the employer’s return of expenses and benefits under the pay as you earn system (P11D form). It starts by highlighting the importance of ensuring the P11D form is free of errors and the deadlines are met. It then looks in detail at the rules which apply to the various items which have to be reported on the P11D form. These include payments made on behalf of employees, provision of living accommodation, and private use of employer provided vehicles.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- how to complete a P11D form without errors and on time
- how to report the benefit of assets transferred or payments made on behalf of the employee
- the rules on the taxation of employer provided living accommodation
- tax issues surrounding cars, including mileage payments and employer provided cars and vans
- how tax applies when medical insurance or low interest loans are provided by employers
- the calculation of the benefit in kind when assets are placed at the employee’s disposal or excessive relocation expenses are met.