To be awarded the Oxford Brookes BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting you must:
- Be registered with Oxford Brookes University ie opted-in to the BSc degree scheme before passing any of the three ACCA Fundamentals papers, F7, F8 and F9. You are not eligible for the degree if you have claimed exemptions from any of these papers.
- Pass the three ACCA Fundamentals papers F7, F8 and F9 and pass the other papers as required to successfully complete all nine Fundamentals level papers.
- Complete the ACCA Professional Ethics module according to the Research and Analysis Project submission dates.
- Complete and pass the Oxford Brookes University Research and Analysis Project.
The degree must be completed within 10 years of your initial registration onto ACCA’s professional qualification otherwise your eligibility will be withdrawn.
If you are unsure on your eligibility for the Oxford Brookes BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree, you should refer to myACCA which will tell you whether or not you have opted in to the degree scheme and whether or not you are eligible.
If you are not eligible for the degree programme, then it will be for one of the following reasons:
You enrolled with ACCA before the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree was introduced
- When the degree programme was introduced in 2000/2001, all eligible registered students were required to opt into the degree scheme by November 2001. Any student who did not do so, would have been automatically withdrawn.
- If you are registered with ACCA but not opted in to the programme and have yet to complete Papers F7-F9 plus are within 10 years of your initial registration date with ACCA, please contact ACCA Connect to opt into the degree programme.
You ticked the box on your ACCA registration form stating you did not wish to join the Oxford Brookes University degree programme
- If you are yet to complete Papers F7, F8 and F9, you may opt back in to the BSc degree by contacting ACCA Connect. If you have already passed ANY of Papers F7, F8 or F9, then unfortunately it is now too late to opt back into the degree programme. If you hold exemptions for any of Papers F7-F9, then you may contact ACCA Connect to forfeit these in order to remain eligible. This must be done before sitting any of the other core Papers of F7-F9 - once you have forfeited your exemption you cannot reverse this decision.
You do not hold a suitable English language qualification
- Providing you complete Paper F4, then this will be acceptable. Oxford Brookes University deems Paper F4 as proof of English proficiency therefore you should complete this exam and opt in with ACCA before passing Papers F7-F9.
If you are exempt from any paper from F1-F9 based on a qualification more than 10 years old, you would be required to forfeit all of the exemptions in order to opt in to the degree programme.
You enrolled with ACCA over 10 years ago
The BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree has a 10 year deadline starting from a student’s initial registration date with ACCA. If this has expired in your case, we regret that you are no longer eligible to complete the degree with us.
If you wish to enquire about your eligibility to complete the BSc degree, please contact ACCA Connect. Please include your ACCA student registration number in any correspondence.