The course will look at the valuation of intangible assets, particularly brands, and how financial reporting is evolving to deal with such assets and the challenges that arise.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the importance of brands in the valuation of companies
- the fundamentals of accounting for brands
- other intangible assets
- the broad approaches used in the valuation of brands
- implementation within the IFRS framework and issues arising
- the current stance and output of regulators and standard-setters