As you prepare to report under the UK and RoI Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP), understanding FRS 102 and its implications will be key to successful implementation of the new practices.
This course looks in detail at FRS 102, its concepts and principles, key definitions and how the terminology is changing. In particular, the course looks at the recognition and measurement of assets and liabilities, how to account for employee benefits as well as exploring the main differences between previous GAAP and the requirements of FRS 102.
On completion of this online course you will gain an understanding of:
- what FRS 102 is, its concepts and principles
- the differences from previous GAAP
- the key issues when accounting for assets
- how FRS 102 affects employee benefits and deferred tax
- how the transition to FRS 102 will affect accounting for financial instruments