This session on IAS 7 statement of cash flows, deals with the fourth financial statement that an entity is required to present. This is the only statement that is not covered in IAS 1.
Unlike many national accounting rules, IAS 7 requires all entities to present a cash flow statement as an integral part of the financial statements. This course will take you through the contents of IAS 7 to help enable you to present cash flow statements.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- the definition of cash and cash equivalents
- three main headings: operating, investing and financing
- the direct or indirect method
- how some netting is allowed
- actual or average exchange rates
- how interest and dividends can be classified in any way disclosures.