The new financial reporting regime is an accounting issue, but the transition to the new UK and RoI Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) impacts many other areas of the business. To ensure a smooth transition you need to manage it as a cohesive project which straddles relevant departments and roles.
This course explains the best way to set up the project with clearly defined roles, effective documentation, and good communication both internally and externally and with other interested parties.
On completion of this course you will gain an understanding of:
- why you need to plan the transition
- the key concepts involved
- how to identify the main accounting impacts
- how to identify systems and controls issues
- how the transition will affect those inside, and outside of your organisation
- how to put together a strategy to communicate the changes to those affected