In today’s economic climate it is ever more important that organisations are effective in allocating resources. Therefore there is an increasing tendency for organisations to require well thought and thorough business cases for projects. These business cases need to be approached in a disciplined manner and address all the questions that those being asked for approval need answering. This course takes a generic approach to business case formulation that can be applied in any organisation.
On completion of this course you will gain an understanding of:
- what a business case is – and what it isn’t
- the importance of stakeholders and managing relationships with these stakeholders
- the principles of evaluation (this is covered in more detail in a separate e-learning course - Investment appraisal basics)
- how to put together a high level implementation plan
- the kind of risks that might need to be considered.