This transfer pricing course looks at the basics of transfer pricing legislation. It starts with an overview of legislation and in particular the changes introduced in the Finance Act 2004. It then shows how UK transfer pricing legislation is interpreted consistently with the OECD guidelines.
Compliance based issues such as record keeping are also covered in this transfer pricing course. Finally, there is an overview of recent developments and in particular an analysis of the Dixons transfer pricing case before the tribunal.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- how UK transfer pricing legislation has developed to date
- which types of enterprise are covered
- how the OECD model tax convention interacts with UK tax laws
- the methods that may be used to arrive at an arm’s length position
- the benefits of advance pricing agreements
- why the tribunal rejected the comparable uncontrolled price method in the Dixons case.