ACCA, in association with the Irish Presidency of the Council of the EU, is therefore delighted to invite you to a high-level conference in the framework of its President's Debate to discuss with experts what can be done to fight inequalities and discrimination in the workplace. The aim is to exchange best practices in terms of existing support towards diversity and also envisage what could be the next steps to reinforce that support.
RSVP by Tuesday 26 February to email@example.com
2.30pm: Welcome speech by the Chair, Martin Turner ACCA Deputy President
2.40pm: Panel 1 - Are we correctly tackling inequality and discrimination in the workplace?
- Daniela Bankier, Head of Gender Equality Unit, DG justice
- Angelica Salvi del Pero, Economist - OECD Gender Initiative
- Louise Richardson, Vice-President, AGEplaftform
- Kasper Paulig, Counsellor for Social Affairs, Permanent Representation of Sweden to the EU, the Swedish experience on a well-developed welfare system to balance work and family life
- Cristina Vicini, Board Director and GBRW Founding Member, the Global Board-Ready Women Initiative
4pm: Coffee break
4.15pm: Panel 2 - Can we do more - or better - to support diversity?
- Richard Howitt, MEP
- The Diversity charters, tbc
- Didier Millerot, Head of the Financial Reporting Unit, DG MARKT
- Massimo Baldinato, Member of EU Commission Vice-President Tajani, responsible for enterprise and industry
- Turid Elisabeth Solvang, Norwegian Institute of Directors, ecoDa
- Evelyn Regner, MEP
5.45pm: Concluding remarks by Fiona O'Sullivan, Justice attaché - Civil Law, Equality & eJustice, Permanent Representation of Ireland to the EU
6pm: Conclusions by the Chair, Martin Turner ACCA Deputy President
6.15pm: cocktail reception