The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is the professional body for the securities and investment industry and is of particular relevance to ACCA members working in either the financial services sector or with financial services clients.
Through this partnership, ACCA members and affiliates can join CISI without having to pay an initial membership joining fee (worth up to £50). ACCA members with three or more years of industry experience qualify for full membership of CISI (MCSI) whilst ACCA members without industry experience can become associate members (ACSI) of the institute. The annual subscription fee is currently £180 for MCSIs and £130 for ACSIs.
Both levels of membership carry a wealth of benefits, professional and personal. All of the following are benefits available to subscribing members:
- free CPD events with over 350 events offered annually
- free professional forums
- free access to CISI TV with over 100 exclusive webcasts
- free access to CISI Professional Refresher – e-learning modules to keep you updated on regulatory changes in the financial industry
- free CISI publications:
- Change: The Regulatory – quarterly online update magazine on regulatory developments with exclusive EU legislations and anti-money laundering information
- The Securities & Investment Review – the CISI membership magazine
- Investment Management Review – quarterly online update including comprehensive analysis of key developments in the asset management industry
- discounts available on conferences and training courses.
ACCA and CISI also work together to provide CPD opportunities for ACCA members using CISI qualifications. Many roles in financial services require individuals to have in-depth understanding of the industry and the underpinning regulation. The qualifications provided by the CISI help satisfy this requirement and increase financial product understanding.