Foundations in Accountancy is a suite of awards that employers can use to provide employees with a grounding in accounting and finance.
The qualifications can be used to develop recruits from secondary schools or to encourage those already working in accounts support roles to obtain formal recognition of their abilities. There are no formal entry requirements.
As Foundations in Accountancy consists of a suite of awards you can pick the qualification which is best matched to the job role and educational achievements of individual employees:
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 2) = two exams and a professionalism and ethics module
- ACCA Diploma in Financial and Management Accounting (RQF Level 3) = two exams and a professionalism and ethics module
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4) = three exams and a professionalism and ethics module
- Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) = all of the above exams, plus two further exams, a professionalism and ethics module and one year’s relevant practical experience
- Certificates in Auditing, Taxation and Financial Management = an individual certificate plus a professionalism and ethics module.
The CAT Qualification and ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (RQF Level 4) offer a route into the ACCA Qualification, providing you with a development path for employees with high potential.
For further information on Foundations in Accountancy, please download the document in the 'Related documents' section of this page.
To find out how to register your trainees, please visit our ACCA registration section