Unit route: part-time or semi-retired
If you are employed for 770 hours or less over the course of a CPD year, then you may be eligible to follow this route. For example, you might work up to 17.5 hours per week, or you might only be active in the workplace at specific points in the year.
If this applies to you, then you may complete 19 units of non-verifiable CPD and set your own level of verifiable CPD. You will need to ensure that you have completed an appropriate level of CPD for your role. The most important thing to focus on is relevance to your role and your career.
In order to safeguard the reputation of ACCA and its members, the following conditions apply to this route:
- If you are not eligible for this route, you must follow the full unit route.
- If you are a practising member, you may only follow this route if you are not responsible for audit or other regulatory work. You also need to be able to show that you have the support of a technical expert when carrying out your duties.
- You may not follow this route if you are involved in the preperation or presentation of accounts investors may rely on, or are a Non-Executive Director of a listed company.
No matter what your learning activity is, if you can answer 'yes' to the three questins below, you can record your learning activity as verifiable CPD:
- Was the learning activity relevant to your career?
- Can you explain how you will apply the learning in the workplace?
- Can you provide evidence that you undertook the learning activity?
If you have undertaken general learning which is not related to a specific outcome, it is likely to be non-verifiable CPD. This includes general reading and research.