ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) students and accountancy professionals now have access to information at their fingertips, to keep them organised and informed of key accounting issues, with the launch of the student planner and the Research and Insights apps.
The Student Planner app is free to download and is available on the iPhone.
It offers students:
- advice on how to get started with the ACCA qualification, pass exams, gain experience and behave ethically and professionally.
- a countdown to key dates relating to exams and recording experience, with the ability to set alerts for these events and synchronise them with their iPhone calendar.
- an interactive tool to work out when they might become an ACCA member, based on their progress and if they stay on track with their study and plans for gaining experience.
- an insight into how fast they are progressing and tips on how to move faster through to ACCA membership.
A free Research and Insights app has also been produced for the iPad, which keeps users up-to-date with the latest reports that have been published – such as Risk: The Inside Story.
The app also explores trends and issues crucial for business, economies, society and the accountancy profession, now and in the future.
There are other features to the app such as exclusive video interview with ACCA’s leading experts and interactive infographics.
Ewan Willars, policy director at ACCA, said: 'These apps have been designed to make it easier to access information on technology that more and more people are now relying on, such as smartphones and tablets, in their busy day-to-day lives.
'This is part of ACCA’s digital strategy, which is about making our products and materials available to the online community.'
- ends -
For more information, please contact:
Alana Sinnen, ACCA Newsroom
+ 44 (0) 207 059 5807
+44 (0) 7715 812120
Notes to Editors
- To download the Student Planner or Research and Insights apps, click on the links in the 'Related Links' section to the left of this article.
- ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. We aim to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
- We support our 154,000 members and 432,000 students in 170 countries, helping them to develop successful careers in accounting and business, with the skills required by employers. We work through a network of over 80 offices and centres and more than 8,400 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide high standards of employee learning and development. Through our public interest remit, we promote appropriate regulation of accounting and conduct relevant research to ensure accountancy continues to grow in reputation and influence.
- Founded in 1904, ACCA has consistently held unique core values: opportunity, diversity, innovation, integrity and accountability. We believe that accountants bring value to economies in all stages of development and seek to develop capacity in the profession and encourage the adoption of global standards. Our values are aligned to the needs of employers in all sectors and we ensure that through our qualifications, we prepare accountants for business. We seek to open up the profession to people of all backgrounds and remove artificial barriers, innovating our qualifications and delivery to meet the diverse needs of trainee professionals and their employers.