Achieving the highest level career aspirations is high on the agendas of ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) members. In order to fully progress in their careers, members need to continue to develop their technical competence, strategic vision and leadership skills.
ACCA has been working with CMI (the Chartered Management Institute) to promote the benefits of CMI membership to ACCA members. ACCA has recognised the need of providing practical support to help members fulfil their management and leadership development training needs by working with the CMI.
Helen Brand, ACCA chief executive officer, said: 'ACCA’s collaboration with CMI allows our members with ambitions to acquire management and leadership qualifications to do just that. By working together, ACCA is able to align the needs of members aspiring to achieve the hallmark of any professional manager.'
'The Chartered Manager award has been well received by the profession for good reason. We welcome this news with enthusiasm as members who apply to become a CMgr will benefit from a substantial reduction in their annual membership fees as well as being able to provide evidence that they have a high level of management skills through obtaining the Chartered Manager award.'
Ann Francke, CMI chief executive officer, said: 'We’re delighted to be working with ACCA to develop the management and leadership skills of professional accountants. Accountancy has a critical role to play in delivering business growth and Chartered Manager will help build the capacity of ACCA members to make a positive, practical impact on their businesses. We look forward to welcoming more ACCA members to the CMI family.'
For more information, please contact:
Lali Sindi, ACCA Newsroom
+ 44 (0) 207 059 5643
+44 (0) 7921 698085
Helen Thompson, ACCA Newsroom
+44 (0)20 7059 5759
+44 (0)7725 498654
Notes to Editors
- About ACCA
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. We aim to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
- We support our 162,000 members and 428,000 students in 173 countries, helping them to develop successful careers in accounting and business, with the skills required by employers. We work through a network of over 89 offices and centres and more than 8,500 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide high standards of employee learning and development. Through our public interest remit, we promote appropriate regulation of accounting and conduct relevant research to ensure accountancy continues to grow in reputation and influence.
- Founded in 1904, ACCA has consistently held unique core values: opportunity, diversity, innovation, integrity and accountability. We believe that accountants bring value to economies in all stages of development and seek to develop capacity in the profession and encourage the adoption of global standards. Our values are aligned to the needs of employers in all sectors and we ensure that through our qualifications, we prepare accountants for business. We seek to open up the profession to people of all backgrounds and remove artificial barriers, innovating our qualifications and delivery to meet the diverse needs of trainee professionals and their employers.
- About the CMI
CMI – the Chartered Management Institute – is the only chartered professional body for management and leadership, dedicated to improving managers’ skills and growing the number of qualified managers.
- Our unique professional management qualifications span GCSE to PhD level, with the Chartered Manager award providing managers with a ‘practical MBA’ that increases earnings potential and improves workplace performance.
- We provide employers and individual managers with access to the latest management thinking and with practical online support which helps them embrace change, create high performing teams and keep ahead of the curve.
- With a member community of 100,000 managers and leaders, we promote high standards of ethical practice through our Professional Code of Conduct, and help managers build their expertise through online networks, regional events and mentoring opportunities.