Oxford Brookes have produced a guide to help students who have failed their Research and Analysis Project and are re-submitting. This can be found in the Related Document section at the bottom of this page, and should be read in conjunction with the BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting Research and Analysis Project Information pack also found in the Related Documents section.
When re-submitting your Research and Analysis Project you should include a statement of 500 words explaining how you have addressed the feedback provided by the marker and moderator and where you have made changes. A resubmission statement form is available in the Related Documents section at the bottom of this page for you to complete and file at the front of your Research and Analysis Project before resubmission.
The following rules will apply to resubmissions:
- If you do not pass the Research and Analysis Project after a third submission, unfortunately you will no longer be eligible to complete the Oxford Brookes BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting degree.
- If you pass the Research Report at the first attempt, but are awarded a Fail grade in the Skills and Learning Statement, you only need to resubmit the Skills and Learning Statement. You cannot submit a revised Research Report. The grade awarded in your Research Report will carry forward and become the Research and Analysis Project grade if you are subsequently successful in your Skills and Learning Statement.
- If you fail the Research Report on the first submission you will be awarded a grade C for any successful subsequent Research Report, even if the resubmitted Research Report is initially assessed as being of a higher pass grade.
- If you fail the Research Report, then you need only submit the revised Research Report and not the Skills and Learning Statement.
- Resubmissions will always require the full project fee to be paid.