At a time when global trade and business are in the headlines, from Belt and Road to sustainable development goals, ACCA and CA ANZ will be collaborating on plans for the future that includes, amongst others:
- joint research on the digital world and its impact on the profession
- continuing joint engagement on the work of ethics and trust in a digital age by supporting events and roundtables on the topic, and then launching a report in August 2017
- co-authoring a paper on Financial Reporting for Non-Executive Directors on Boards around the world
- developing a co-ordinated approach for joint academic roundtables designed to promote and support the reach of selected professional insight initiatives
- responding to International Exposure Drafts – the first of these will provide joint feedback to IESBA’s Proposed Application Material Relating to Professional Scepticism and Professional Judgment and a joint response on Exposure Draft 540 Accounting Estimates
- exploring with our education specialists innovative joint solutions to provide CPD opportunities linked to selected research, insights and policy initiatives.
Brian McEnery FCCA, president of ACCA says: ‘This is a landmark anniversary for both bodies and for the profession. We're co-operating proactively on a variety of research projects, using the unrivalled diversity of expertise and experience held in our combined membership, to produce insights that will benefit the entire profession.’
Cassandra Crowley FCA, president of CA ANZ says: ‘The breadth and depth of this alliance allows us to lead on key thinking for the profession for the benefit of our members. I’m thrilled we are looking ahead to a programme of cutting edge professional insights research that will demonstrate the power of our joint branding, thinking and know-how.’
Since the alliance was announced on the 28 June 2016, both organisations have been working together to develop and deliver a programme of work that has seen:
- successful research and global launch events with IFAC on a report about the tax system in G20 nations G20 public trust in tax
- extensive support for its 788,000 members with focussed continuous professional development opportunities
- the co-sponsoring of research ASEAN Federation of Accountants (AFA) on small and medium sized business (SMEs)
- the launch of a jointly branded corporate culture toolkit
- the launch of a jointly branded magazine called Reach.
- the co-location of staff in London, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong.
- Ends -
For media enquiries, please contact:
Communications Manager, CA ANZ
Kylie.email@example.com / +61 450 519 087
Head of Corporate Communications, ACCA
Helen.Thompson@accaglobal.com / +44 (0)20 7059 5759
Notes to editors:
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. It offers business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
ACCA supports its 188,000 members and 480,000 students in 178 countries, helping them to develop successful careers in accounting and business, with the skills required by employers. ACCA works through a network of 100 offices and centres and more than 7,110 Approved Employers worldwide, who provide high standards of employee learning and development. Through its public interest remit, ACCA promotes appropriate regulation of accounting and conducts relevant research to ensure accountancy continues to grow in reputation and influence.
Founded in 1904, ACCA has consistently held unique core values: opportunity, diversity, innovation, integrity and accountability. It believes that accountants bring value to economies in all stages of development and seek to develop capacity in the profession and encourage the adoption of global standards. ACCA’s core values are aligned to the needs of employers in all sectors and it ensures that through its range of qualifications, it prepares accountants for business. ACCA seeks to open up the profession to people of all backgrounds and remove artificial barriers, innovating its qualifications and delivery to meet the diverse needs of trainee professionals and their employers. More information is here: www.accaglobal.com
About CA ANZ
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand is a professional body comprised of over 120,000 diverse, talented and financially astute members who utilise their skills every day to make a difference for businesses the world over.
Members are known for their professional integrity, principled judgment, financial discipline and a forward-looking approach to business which contributes to the prosperity of our nations.
We focus on the education and lifelong learning of our members, and engage in advocacy and thought leadership in areas of public interest that impact the economy and domestic and international capital markets.
We are a member of the International Federation of Accountants, and are connected globally through the 800,000-strong Global Accounting Alliance and Chartered Accountants Worldwide which brings together leading Institutes in Australia, England and Wales, Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland and South Africa to support and promote over 320,000 Chartered Accountants in more than 180 countries.