Each network is run by an elected panel of members and acts as a forum for the exchange of ideas and a networking platform. The aims of each network are to:
- provide support to help individuals cope with increased demands of the modern working environment;
- act as a forum for the exchange of ideas and facilitate networking among professional accountants who work in the specific sector;
- cater for the professional education and information needs of members in the sector;
- advance both the collective and individual interests, and the career prospects of members in the relevant business sector;
- make representations to, and influence, regulatory and other bodies in the sector.
There are six sector-specific networks in the UK: