An ACCA Professional Courses event
This course offers an introduction to the core duties of the company secretary and is ideal for anyone new to the role or who would like a refresher. It explains the events that give rise to a need for company secretarial action, and provides the basic tools to ensure compliance.
- Core duties of the company secretary
- Companies House, filing, statutory registers and records
- Company identity and execution of documents
- The secretary’s role in company decision-making
- Directors’ duties
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
- The skills and confidence to undertake core compliance duties even if stepping in to a secretarial role for the first time
- An understanding of the areas in which the secretary is expected to assist the board
- Insight into the matters that the company secretary must attend to in order to avoid personal liability under the Companies Act
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Secretaries of companies incorporated under the UK Companies Acts, including both public and private companies, whether limited by shares or guarantee.
This course is held by ICSA and endorsed by ACCA