An ACCA Professional Courses event
This course looks at risk as an aspect of governance, and explores key messages from the UK Corporate Governance Code and associated guidance. Delegates will be encouraged to consider how risk influences and is influenced by strategy, how it informs decision-making, and how organisations can manage their appetite for risk.
• Defining corporate governance
• Recent corporate collapses – reasons why and preventative measures
• Building risk into strategy development
• The impact of risk on board decision making
• Principles and frameworks of internal control
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
• An understanding of the relationship between risk management, control frameworks and effective governance
• Techniques and tips on how effective internal controls can add value to your own organisation’s governance
• Confidence in using, and evaluating the effectiveness of, a variety of internal control frameworks
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Company secretaries and their teams, plus other professionals looking for a concise survey of risk management as an aspect of governance
This course is held by ICSA and endorsed by ACCA