An ACCA Professional Courses event
This one-day course is designed for those who need to obtain greater insights into an entity’s financial performance, position and stability. It includes examples of the more complex aspects of financial reporting and allows delegates to identify and calculate appropriate measures for benchmarking and further analysis.
- Critical and contentious areas of financial reporting, including:
o Revenue Recognition
o Use/abuse of provisioning/recognition of liabilities
o Financial Instruments, primarily the complex areas
o Group Accounting including Joint Ventures
- Current and relevant measures of liquidity, solvency and performance
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
- Understand how complexities in Accounting Standards are dealt with in financial statements
- Identify and analyse the critical accounting policy choices in financial statements
- Approach financial analysis by questioning what’s not there
- Appreciate the limits of effective financial analysis
- Calculate and interpret relevant measures
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for those with more than a passing interest in financial analysis.. Specifically this will assist those reviewing the accounts of potential customers and suppliers to assess suitability.