AN ACCA PROFESSIONAL COURSES EVENT
This 3 hour course is intended to provide an outline of the employer duties in respect of auto-enrolment into a workplace pension and the ten steps that will lead to a successful implementation. It is intended for business owners, directors, finance, payroll and HR professionals and their professional advisors
This course will cover the following:
- staging dates: what can affect them and how to move them
- definitions and deadlines
- an introduction to pension schemes options
- who is a worker?
- Segmenting the workforce
- the assessment process
- what 'qualifying earnings' can be used for
- Duties for each type of worker
- The two type of postponement
- how to auto-enrol and re-enrol: payroll set up and communication
- calculating contributions
- handling opt-outs, opts in, joiners and cessations
- compliance: records, payments, ongoing duties and penalties.
This course is held by MBL Seminars
Kate Upcraft, FCIPP AMBCS
Kate was the Policy & Research Manager at the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals, leaving in 2005 to set up her own company and is a regular conference speaker, consultant and writer on legislative issues across the whole payroll and benefits spectrum. Until early 2003 she was the Payroll Legislation Manager at Marks & Spencer. She is a member of the key stakeholder group with HMRC on the introduction of Real Time Information.