AN ACCA PROFESSIONAL COURSES EVENT
Data protection and information security have truly moved from the backroom to the boardroom as corporate issues. At the same time, the law and guidance in these areas are undergoing a period of rapid development.
This seminar will provide an essential review and update of data protection law and guidance and the legal aspects of information security matters. It is aimed at those who work with corporate data protection and information security matters.
The seminar will be unashamedly practical in focus with several examples and opportunity for discussion.
This seminar will cover the following:
• Current UK data protection law
• Latest developments in ICO guidance including the ICO Draft Anonymisation Code of Practice
• The key ICO decisions from 2012
• International context: key data protection and legal aspects of information security developments around the world
• Latest legal developments in compliance for data protection and information security management
• Conducting data protection reviews and risk management
• Data breach management and notification
• Latest developments in contract practice for data protection and information security
• Data protection and information security aspects of cloud computing including a report on the Article 29 Opinion on cloud computing
• Privacy in the digital age including social media and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD); and
• Future legal developments including an overview and update on the draft EU General Data Protection Regulation to include the Albrecht report
This course is held by MBL Seminars
Belinda is a leading data protection and technology lawyer and a partner at Nabarro LLP. Belinda has specialised in data protection matters since the late 1990s and now heads up the Technology and Privacy practice at Nabarro LLP. In addition to her private practice experience, Belinda has extensive in-house business experience gained from periods in-house advising on technology and data protection matters at a leading international bank and a global technology services company. She is a thought leader on data protection matters; her analysis of the draft EU General Data Protection Regulation was published by both The Lawyer and Legal Week and she is a popular speaker on these topics.