An ACCA professional courses event
This course looks at the FX markets, and how to manage currency risk, from a professional, practical perspective. New market initiatives such as e-FX and CLS will be introduced, and all terminology and jargon will be fully explained.
Key areas covered
- an overview of the FX market, current data and trends
- why do FX rates move? – the key drivers
- economics and mechanics of the FX market
- spot and forward pricing
- currency options
- the currency risk management process
- practical aspects of a hedging policy
- strategic and dynamic hedging structures
- market initiatives. E-fx, STP, RTGS, CLS.
- a practical introduction to the foreign exchange markets, the products and the risks
- a clear understanding of the impact that currency movements can have on a company
- how to evaluate, monitor and control currency risks, and formulate an appropriate hedging policy.
Who should attend
Those who require a good, practical understanding of foreign exchange, and the associated risks. This would include treasury management and staff , banking personnel, and people who work in the Financial Services sector.