An ACCA Professional Courses event
This course examines the new UK standards which replace existing UK GAAP (FRSs and SSAPs). There is a new FRS 102, which is loosely based on the IFRS for SMEs; and a new reduced-disclosure version of IFRS (called FRS 101).
Key areas covered
- analysis of the options available to entities which are allowed/required to apply the new standards
- study of all main requirements of FRS 102, including presentation of financial statements and measurement of assets and liabilities
- examination of the special reduced-disclosure IFRS regime for subsidiaries
- comparison of the differences between the new standard and existing UK GAAP and IFRS.
- an understanding of options that are available
- a study of how the standard will affect businesses
- practical applications of the new rules of financial reporting.
Who should attend
Accountants in any UK or Irish companies who have been using UK GAAP. This course is also relevant to accountants in subsidiaries of listed groups, where those subsidiaries have previously been using IFRS and to auditors of such companies.