An ACCA Professional Courses event
This course takes delegates through the consolidation life-cycle from acquiring a business, to ongoing consolidation issues and ultimate sale or partial sale. It includes practical consolidation case studies using a spreadsheet including group cash flow statements and foreign operation issues.
- acquisition issues including intangibles, deferred tax and goodwill
- reminder of consolidation procedures and adjustments (using spreadsheet approach)
- issues when preparing an IFRS consolidated cash flow statement
- disposals of businesses in whole or in part.
- differences from UK/US GAAP will be covered as and when they arise.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
- for preparers, confidence that your consolidations are properly prepared in accordance with IFRS
- for auditors, assurance that you can spot errors or omissions in clients’ consolidations
- for analysts, understanding how the consolidation is put together as the basis of the annual financial report
- practical difficulties.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Accountants responsible for preparation of consolidated financial statements, audit staff required to check consolidations prepared under IFRS and others who use consolidated financial statements for analysis.