An ACCA Professional Courses event
This course takes the current regulatory system (Companies Act and Accounting Standards) and demonstrates how we can produce primary financial statements and supporting notes that give the best possible (and compliant) interpretation of a true and fair view. The primary focus of the course will be UK GAAP rather than full IFRS.
- practical – using real numbers and examples to reinforce the messages of:
- compliance and best practice - using the available choices
- ensuring the annual results reflect true growth and performance
- reflecting the robustness of the financial position, both with the numbers and supporting narrative.
- credit rating agencies – the importance of reliable and transparent information
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT?
- achieve the optimal true and fair view (using two sets of accounts as examples)
- improve the reporting of performance at key points in the profit and loss account
- emphasise the financial strength of the business and its underlying equity base
- focus on the most important KPIs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Those with direct involvement in the preparation and publication (i.e. directors) of annual financial statements of non-small companies and groups.