AN ACCA EAST KENT NETWORK EVENT IN ASSOCIATION WITH AAT EAST KENT BRANCH
While every organisation – whether commercial or not-for-profit- values its reputation, confidential information, intellectual property and much more besides, all too often the legal tools available to protect these from the actions of current or former workers will only come into focus when a dispute arises. In some cases, simple steps could have been taken to prevent the dispute arising in the first place and in others, decisive action needs to be taken to prevent the problem getting worse. This practical session explains the issues and suggests solutions to some common legal pitfalls.
The course will:
• Identify areas of key worker-related business risk;
• Explore the steps organisations can take to guard against the misuse of their confidential information;
• Explain how employers can make sure they own and protect the intellectual property created by their workers;
• Address some of the complex issues that social media presents;
• Describe the legal remedies available to resolve disputes; and
• Highlight the role of settlement agreements.