The way SMEs approach financial control needs to be different to the approach of large organisations. SMEs are not distracted by share prices and can afford to think long term.
This course encourages accountants to be proactive in the management of their businesses; looking both outwards and forwards and dealing with the inevitable uncertainties that entails. It looks at how new concepts such as risk management and corporate social responsibility should be considered alongside more traditional techniques like standard costing and budgetary control.
On completion of this course you will gain an understanding of
- how to identify the cost of capital
- the corporate responsibility
- how to develop tactics and strategy
- how to implement delivery based costing
- how to identify and deal with potential criticism