Ethical compliance is not a process that can be imposed on an organisation, nor should overt compliance be used as a fig leaf to cover dysfunctional acts. Instead, ethical compliance should be incorporated into the culture of an organisation. Senior management must set the tone and lead by example. What is expected of employees must be clearly expressed and the messages reinforced. Employees must be allowed to contribute to the development and monitoring of ethical compliance and managers must institute mechanisms to enable them to do so.
This course allows learners to work through activities, share their learning with peers, and gain the knowledge and skills that will enable them to incorporate ethical compliance in their working lives.
On completion of this online course, you will gain an understanding of:
- your organisational climate
- how ethical behaviour affects business objectives
- how to identify the indicators of unethical behaviour
- how to report on ethical compliance
- how to deal with whistleblowers
- the role of internal audits and management reviews