For the busy accounting and finance professional, managing the performance of the people they manage is key to achieving objectives. The appraisal sits at the heart of any approach to performance management. The process of viewing the previous year's performance and of agreeing expectations for the coming period is key to the professional relationships managers develop with their staff.
This course shows how investing time in conducting effective appraisals creates a motivated team and saves you time in the long term.
On completion of this course you will develop an understanding of:
- what an appraisal is for and why it is important
- how to prepare effectively for an appraisal
- how to plan and conduct constructive preliminary meetings and appraisal meetings
- how to recognise what should and shouldn’t be covered in an appraisal
- how to ensure that your spoken and written comments are fair and effective
- techniques for handling any difficult situations that arise during appraisal meetings